Roasted Garlic Scapes and Asparagus
- 1 large bunch garlic scapes washed and hard ends snapped off
- 1 lb. asparagus washed and hard ends snapped off
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Steak seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- Place garlic prepared garlic scapes and asparagus on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and massage it into scapes and asparagus. Season liberally with steak seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until soft inside and crispy outside. It may take longer for thicker scapes and asparagus.
The seed pod of the garlic scape is tender and tasty. After roasting, the tip above the seed pod may get tough. Just cut off the scape tip above the pod after cooking.