Please call us in June if you are interested in purchasing scapes at 320-305-0877
Marinated Garlic Scapes and Asparagus
Great for picnics!
- Ice cubes
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus washed and hard ends snapped off
- 1 large bunch garlic scapes washed and hard ends snapped off
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop scapes and asparagus into boiling water and cook until bright green, 1-2 minutes. Drain scapes and asparagus and plunge into ice water to stop cooking. Drain and transfer scapes and asparagus to a glass baking dish.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil, agave nectar, grated ginger, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper to make marinade. Pour over asparagus, adding a little water if needed to cover scapes and asparagus. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours – overnight.
- Drain marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.