Garlic Scape Pesto
This pesto has strong sweet garlic flavor with a kick. It goes well with crackers and pita chips, or served with chicken.
- 1 c. garlic scapes sliced in about half inch pieces (leave out the seed pods)
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ - ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Put sliced scapes and toasted pine nuts into food processor and pulse until chopped. Then, with the processor running, drizzle the olive oil in and run until incorporated.
- Add the shredded cheese, starting with ¼ c. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more cheese, if you like a cheesier pesto.
Tip-to toast pine nuts, place in skillet over medium heat. Stir constantly until golden brown. Watch carefully, because they burn easily.